Thursday, December 13, 2007

Boycotting Fisher Price

On the topic of boycotts. I do not think a sweeping boycott of chinese-made toys is necessarily in order. I do believe in boycotting the big offenders.

The big toy companies that refuse to demand lead-free materials from their Chinese manufacturers are really to blame. We put the safety of our children in the hands of companies like Fisher-Price. When I find them on the offenders list it worries me. But when information is released that they are being resistant to removing toys that are known to contain lead, I know I need to take action. How can I trust you to keep my child safe Fisher Price?

So this year, I will not be jumping on the bandwagon of boycotting all Chinese-made toys. Instead I will target the big offenders.

Check out this article by Consumer Reports which details the reasons for my action.

No comments: