Wednesday, April 2, 2008

When you are frustrated, remember your kids think differently!

Match Me and I Will Grow
by Dr. James MacDonald

Yes, I know you want me to change in many ways.

Well, if you want me to pay more attention, then pay attention to me.

If you want me to play more, then play more with me.

If you want me to do more, then show me something I can do.

If you want me to communicate, then communicate in any of the ways I can do.

If you want me to talk, then talk in ways I can do.

If you want me to learn your languange, then learn and speak my language first.

If you want me to talk about your ideas, then talk about mine first.

You and I live two worlds far apart. Mine is a world of actions, feelings, and sensations.

I am a feeler and a mover. Your world is mainly one of thought and language. You are a thinker and a talker.

I know you want me to think and talk like you, but it's taken you years to get where you are. Give me time, and I will get there.

I will get there best when you live with me in my world. When you act and move and communicate as I can.

Match what I do, and show me the possible next step; and I will grow with you.

I am learning. Please don't make me do it alone.

Join my natural path, and we will grow together.

No comments: