Monday, June 2, 2008

Tools In My Kitchen - KitchenAid Stand Mixer


My KitchenAid stand mixer is certainly a luxury. I can never imagine dropping $300 on a brand new one, but it really is my favorite kitchen tool. Luckily for me, I received this beauty as a gift!

I can make whipped cream incredibly fast. I can make cookies without breaking my arm. I whip out the dough hook without hesitation to make a batch of pizza dough. I admit it. Having this fabulous machine makes me fearless in the kitchen!

I was also gifted the attachments above. This is, by far, the best value for attachments. Some other attachment options are a meat grinder, or a pasta roller.

With this set, I can grate cheese, or any vegetable for that matter, so quick that I have no excuses to buy the pre-grated stuff.

I use the slicers to slice sweet potatoes extra thin. I toss them in olive oil and salt. Then I throw them on a baking sheet to make sweet potato chips that even my 2 year old won't deny.


This is what the attachment looks like when it is all hooked up.
If you love to cook, the KitchenAid stand mixer will only make you love it more.

No comments: