Saturday, January 19, 2008

Sometimes motherhood calls for a cocktail...

Today was one of those days. Weapon X seems to be learning so much! Today he took a 2D wooden bee and waved it in the air saying "Fly bee. Fly!" But with this higher awareness has come the need to test me. So today he did. We came home, filled with frustration, from a failed attempt to eat dinner out. He just refused to sit down at the table. Instead he jumped, giggled, and had a grand old time.
Having just watched Supernanny last night, I was primed and ready to go with my naughty chair technique. Now I feel so guilty for disciplining him when he was just trying to tell me something.

When I changed his diaper before bed, I felt like a horrible parent. He usually only poops once per day, but he had pooped for the third time! He already had a slight diaper rash from the unexpected second poop. Now he has a pretty nasty diaper rash, and it could have been prevented if I had only read his refusal to sit as a signal that he had pooped!

What's done is done. I will just have to slather his bottom with Dr. Smith's and hope he doesn't have 3 poops tomorrow :)

Update: One should never shop on Amazon after having a cocktail :) I found the following fabulous things.



No comments: